-
November 13th, 2003, 07:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
For me, (yeah I'm a gal) it was when I was hanging around in the Arcana(an online shounen-ai comic) chatroom and these few guys kept pasting a ton of yaoi pix links in the channel.
I kept saying no, until I accidentally clicked on 1 of the links by mistake. After that, my last shred of innocence + decency flew away, never to come back again. ^^;;
How about you guys? XD
-
November 13th, 2003, 09:23 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Aaaaah ! the long downward spiral that is my descent into the abyss of smut ^^;;
tries to remember. was always a fan of erotica be it of any sexual tendency so it was only a matter of time till that combined with my anime and manga obssesion would merge with my love of pretty boy and make me start parting with my money so obssesively.
it started mild with Yami No Matsuei I think but then Kaze to Ki no Uta happened to me (picked it up in a local Japanese shop) and then I sampled some Bronze, and once I recovered from the overdose of angst I suffered from it I decided people are not having enough sex in my books so I bought Level C. and I think that was it - after that I just couldn't really have enough.
it gets worse and worse - because my favourite yaoi manga by far is the Hoshi no Yakata series by Tori Maia and its all set in a gay S&M club and woo! its so pretty and naughty ^_^
now I am obssesed with BDSM mangas but can't find anything remotely as good as Tori Maia work... but my avatar is dedicated to her ^_~
-
November 14th, 2003, 05:40 AM
#3
Inactive Member
this all started when I first joined DeviantArt ^^;; my first encounter with a harry potter yaoi fanart o__0 my heart almost dropped off xDDD hehehe~~ after that...browsing ppl's gallery after gallery I found out 'holy crap! what's all these yaoi stuffs? ' not interested at first but hey, I LOVE bishounens and why don't instead of one in a picture,you have 2? (or more [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
then come the revelations of scanslation...I accidentally found the link to shi-ran (long live yaoi!!! ^o^V ) ...and next come a recommendation for yami no matsuei in SC-net from my friend (oh how I love her for telling me about this lovely site^^ )
-
November 14th, 2003, 02:48 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Oooh, nice topic.
Hmmmm. Now when was the first time I....? ::scratches head::
Heehee. Mine's a little more roundabout than some here. I was just cruisin' through Amazon.com and there were little list-o-rama things on the side, and one of them was "All You Need to Know to Discover Manga" or something like that. I read it, and it gave definitions for terms, and two of the terms were "shonen-ai" and "yaoi". Then they had recommendations under it. (Recommendations are usually products sold by Amazon.com XD) The main recommendations for this section was Earthian: Angelic Collection DVD and Fake DVD. I shrugged and went on my merry way.
Then in Suncoast a week or so later, I saw Earthian, read the description, and went "hmm, this sounds interesting". So I got it, watched it, and loved it (it's very tame, really). So I was a "shonen-ai" girl now, and I decided to check out Fake, too. Got it, loved it, and started doing some Internet searching.
O__O Oh, boy, did that bring up LOTS of stuff. Through a very long chain of different links, I found S-C.net, and also found "yaoi", which is quite graphic. At first I was like [img]eek.gif[/img] but then I really started looking at it [img]redface.gif[/img] and finally got to the point of [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] enjoyment.
Now I'm obsessed with yaoi (scanlations are a wonderful thing).
And that's my story. Heehee.
~Crystal
(wow, that was all only during this year, too. *blink blink*)
-
November 14th, 2003, 03:22 PM
#5
Inactive Member
ehmm...I duno whether I should post this here ^^;; oh well...I just know today that there's a manga store in singapore (where i live now) that sells zetsuai, bronze and some you higuri mangas o__0 I never thought it's available here(singapore allow yaoi mangas now??? o__0 new stuffs... )
gotta go to that store again to check whether they have other titles...but it's all in chinese..damn...I prefer japanese T.T (can't seem to master chinese language no matter how hard I try)
-
November 14th, 2003, 06:09 PM
#6
Inactive Member
FOr me? When I started talking to some friends who were major yaoi fans. We got to talking about zanbai (boy and boy love, it's actually the correct phrase.), then about yaoi.. THey provided me with stories, and I decided to see if I could find some online, and I found tons of scanlations. Ende de story. xD
Been a yaoi fan for about one and a half years. ^_^
-
November 14th, 2003, 06:27 PM
#7
Inactive Member
well i started with reading Gravitation which was pretty mild..then there came the remixes...a friend loaned them to me and i became and addict...my collection is definatelt not finacially healthy..-__-'
-
November 14th, 2003, 07:23 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Ah, the ever so enticing world of yaoi...
My first encounter was Yami no Matsuei, and if I had known what would follow... I would have learnt to read faster. But how did you come to know about it, I hear you cry out?
Would you believe it, it was my own flesh and blood, my dear sister, who being an avid yaoi-fan herself, sparked an interest in my (as of then) innocent, pure soul.
So, to put it simply...
yaoi rulez o_O
-
November 14th, 2003, 08:35 PM
#9
Inactive Member
heh, while 11 years old there was this sailor-moon fashion for no reason. I didn't liked it much but I followed 'cuz I was bored. Then that got me to card captor sakura, and I liked it, so I became manga-fan. Then I discoverd Gundam Wing on YTV and loved it! Then, one day, we where tlking amongst friends how we diliekd Relena and suddenly I amde a joke about them being gay since that was the only female available and she was out of option.
Fooling around, we search for Gundam Gay and found a million sites. o____o so we softly slide from laughting of it to enjoy it and so I became a complete yaoi-fan at 12, including shamelessly readin and writting pwp, drawings and such .__. [where are childs going ;__; ](and up to now I realy don't know how I could find "gundam gay" a funny thing but oh well). In my decadence I dragged two of my friends XD
Now I found Sakura-crisis totaly by chance, I was searching for SakuraCC pics and fumble here. Since then I'm addicted ^^
long live to yaoi.
-
November 15th, 2003, 07:01 AM
#10
Inactive Member
^_^ That's a nice question I'd like to answer.
Well, basically, I had a friend that loved yaoi. I was pretty normal until she went and disturbed me. She showed me pictures and let me read fanfiction.
I was slowly getting into it. (Most of the yaoi was either Gundam Wing or Wei? Kreuz)
And this was around... my year in seventh grade. Occasionally, I'll draw it or write it in fanfiction. I love reading yaoi manga, that's for sure. *Is awaiting more Yami no Matsuei to satisfy Tatsumi obsession...*
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks